Monday, May 11, 2009

Befriending the light.




Several weeks ago I had coffee & conversation with Rob from Rob Hammer Photography. We talked about making it in these hard times. Lately Rob's been shooting a lot for Denver Magazine. Go Rob!



Tonight we hung out at his place drank some PBR and worked on lighting techniques. Rob has a personal project of goofy faces. So I lent my goatee & look to the project.

I in turn got to shot rob on his white seamless & started using some of the light modifiers and crazy ideas I've had running through my noodle.



Here I used my DarkSphere (a lightsphere wrapped in Cinefoil with a 20 degree grid) as a spot. Plus Rob had a nice cardboard snoot that only lit his eyes.

Rob & Emily are great people & I appreciate them opening up their home & Rob sharing his equipment with me.



No comments: