Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Big family Christmas

This year my family got together for a big family hoo-haa. Since my little brother Jeremy is shipping off in February, dad wanted everyone to come down & spend Christmas day at there place.



I told dad I wanted to get a picture of everyone outside all together around sunset. I planned out how I was gonna pose them. Where the lights were going to be.



The Colorado winter storm moved out and the southern skies opened up and turned blue. I was getting all excited the image in my head was gonna come true. Unfortunately, dinner was going to be ready and I didn't have enough time to get everything set up. Plus by the time I explained what I wanted to do, everyone was saying that it was to cold to go outside.

I got all bummed out. This vision wasn't gonna happen. I decided that later I could shoot everyone downstairs in the basement so I better go shoot the sunset. I raced to my car unloaded my camera bag and click click click.

After dinner and some gift exchange before everyone decided to leave. I drug all my gear into the basement to set up the shot. Athena and my nephew Dakota helped me set up the lights. I had one Octabox as my main light high camera right, then two stripbox set behind on either sides. It was all powered by my DIY battery pack.

I then spent a good part of a day photoshoping heads, people and the background into the shot. I think the final images turned out really good. Thanks everyone for sticking with me on this.



1 comment: