Monday, July 4, 2011

Denver Fireworks July 4th 2011 with Illuminate Workshops night walk.

I went shooting fireworks over the Denver Capital building last night with Efrain of Illuminate Workshops.



Before the fireworks started I grabbed a quick snapshot of Efrain. I pulled out my SB-26, umbrella, PocketWizards and stuck them on my light stand. I put the SB-26 on and 1/8th power and had Efrain stand in for his portrait.



Soon the symphony started playing and the crowds started getting closer to capital and the stage for a better view of the soon to come fireworks. So I took down the light stand and just had my Fuji X100 on the tripod.


Once the fireworks started it was amazing being right under them. I snapped off several shots and them started running around sitting down snapping off long exposures as the light streaks raining down over head.



I hope you enjoy them.








Oh yeah and here's a shot of me.




1 comment:

Efrain Cruz said...

Thanks Jon for coming to the Night Photowalk, it was great to see you again. Now that the weather is warmer, I hope you'll join us more often. Next one, August 6th.