Thursday, February 26, 2009

The effects of gravity

In the late 16th / early17th century Galileo Galileo dropped the theory of gravitation on the world. It's usually a good thing to have around. It keeps us from flying off the surface of Earth. Gives us a light in the night sky. You know good stuff.

However, it does have it's down sides too. For example the other night when I was out shooting with Illuminate Workshops night shoot, I easily left my camera unattended to adjust a flash in a light stand. (This is where gravity ties this story all together. Galileo dropped balls off the leaning tower of Piza to demonstrate it's effect). I got to watch in slow motion my camera and tripod succumb to it's power.




Thankfully it dumped in the grass not on the cement. As I picked it up I realized the impact severed the foot off my PocketWizard Transceiver. Out comes the words ":-&@;-/".



Then next day I contacted PocketWizard to find out the cost of the repair. They wanted over $60 plus shipping it to them to fix it. OMG!




I thought that was a little over priced, so I got out the super glue. Within ten minutes it was all back together.


We'll see how long this lasts. Stay tune for a future post about photography insurance.




1 comment:

mary elizabeth said...

OMG--i hope clumbsy old me didn't knock it over! how did i miss this??

glad you were so recourceful and got it fixed!