Monday, February 9, 2009

Colorado Strobist presents David Tejada




Last night I went to my first Colorado Strobist meeting. There was about thirty of us packed into the studio to listen to what David Tejada has been doing with lighting.

David is a annual report corporate shooter that specializes corporate reports, editorials and the such. His work usually take him out in the field, but he can make the guys in ties look good too.

David talked for over a two hours on his lighting techniques while showing off his slide show of unbelievable work. He's been in places most of wish we could and a whole lot of places I don't think I'd want to be. i.e. Half a mile underground in a nuclear salt mine, or a lithium treatment plant.

David answer everyone questions on lighting and then gave some helpful tips on surviving the economy. All that without plugging his own Small Strobes-Big Results workshop (except maybe twice).

For my first round up with the Colorado Strobist I had a great time talking to old friends and catching up with some new ones. I'm looking forward to the next Colorado Strobist meeting. This time in Cheyenne Wyoming?


No comments: