Saturday, October 31, 2009

Senior Portrait session with Gabe

A couple weeks ago I got to shoot Gabe for his senior portrait. I've known Gabe & his mother for several years now and we always talk about shooting a family portrait of their entire family. Something always comes up as you know life happens.

<>

Anyways Tamara said Gabe didn't want any typical senior photos as he's on the yearbook staff and he's seen them all. We decided to go downtown by Union Station. City scape's are always cooler then parks.

So I start setting up my Alien Bee on a light stand and out of nowhere there's this cop saying we can shoot there. Apparently there's the EPA building down there & you can't photograph it? I politely ask if I can shoot the other way and he says yes just as the second police car shows up.



The cop walks away and I giggle thinking that this is my second session this year were I got security or the police showing up.



Back to Gabe's session, we make sure & point the camera away from buildings and shoot away. We get some good shots & then decide to move up by the big mast at the end of 16th street mall. Gabe's little brother Sheldon hops up and wants a photo taken of him so I quickly adjust the lighting and shoot them both.



Tamara and Gabe both really liked the shots we got. I happy we gave Gabe something other then him leaning up against a tree.



Now all we got to do is get that schedule worked out and shoot that family portrait.



No comments: