Thursday, January 8, 2009

After the lights go on.


Last Saturday night I went out with a bunch of really fun & interesting photographers. It was the latest Illuminate Workshop's night photography outing.
(see the dancing snow?)


When I did this in the summer months we had to wait till late in the evening before it was dark enough to shoot. Now we can shoot at 6pm but boy does it get cold!
(Thanks Efrain for holding the second flash, and Mary for releasing the shutter on this one.)
(think i'm going to redo the color on this. what do you think?)



It was over cast all night and I intentionally left my white balance on cloudy so I could get some color besides grey. I think the orange/red is pretty cool.
(click on the pic to see the different color balances)





I'd also like to thank Chase Jarvis for his advise.(I read about this on his blog) This photo was taken with my iPhone and stitched together with the Pano software.

If you want to meet some pretty cool people and shoot the Denver area at night, come on out to one of these events. They are quite fun and you'll have some new photos to work on.

No comments: