Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lightning in a bottle or was it bottles and lighting?

One of the nights I was out in California last week, I got together with some of my wife's old friends. It was the first time for me to meet all them so I had to make a good impression.

Avery & Joe opened their house up to everyone and we all hung out drinking beer, eating Avery's awesome lasagna and playing pool. I met so many really cool people that night. I know when we go back to Cali they be all good friends.



Somewhere along the night Athena and Avery convinced me it would be fun to pull out my camera & lighting gear and shoot some.



I bungee corded one of my specially hard-wired (sh-w) Vivitar 285hv flashes to the garage door guide rail on the right side of the garage. Then put another sh-w Vivitar 285hv onto a light stand on the the garage left. I pointed them both at the roof of the door to bounce the light off it. Using my PocketWizard Classics to fire the flashes I shot away.

This may have been a little lighting overkill for a garage party. But I enjoyed setting it up and I think it looks good. Plus it looked quite impressive to all my new friends.



Look I even pulled out the tripod and put the camera on timer so I could get in the shot. Then I strolled around that night shooting this and that.



The night was quite a blast and ended after lots of beers and way to many shots. I even walked backwards down their driveway. (which is steeper then Vail pass!) Then Athena drove me home.

Special thanks to Avery & Joe for throwing a great party.

Click on any of the photos to see the rest of the pictures.


No comments: