Tuesday, January 27, 2009

[b] inspirered


Have you ever done lunch with someone in your field that you admire? I have been following beckersblog.com for about a year now. [B]ecker is a professional wedding photographer out of Orange County, CA. I really like how open he is to sharing and helping out photogs who are starting out or trying to make it. To make that job all easier he started thebschool.com.

I signed up to thebschool about a month ago. It's an online community bringing photographers closer together. I've met some nice people on there already and have been learning and sharing with other like minded photogs. A week before I left for California I dropped [b]ecker a line saying I'd be in his part of the world, could I buy him lunch?

He quickly wrote back and lunch plans were made. Over the next two weeks I anxiously waited, trying to figure out what to say. I made several notes of questions I'd ask. When the time came it was like meeting an old friend. I knew so much about him from his blog that we talked for over an hour at P.F. Chang's.

[B]ecker didn't give away any magic formula or keys to the kingdom. He just Inspired me to get organized, get my business set up, and get out there and network. I walked away thinking it's more about having a good personality and making every situation a win - win for everyone involved, then taking the best shots everytime.

Thanks for going to lunch [b]ecker.

No comments: