Thursday, July 3, 2008

"A Night Out" with some friends....




---UPDATE uploaded video finally -----(Thanks Efrain for helping me shoot this.)



Back on June 28th, I went out and met a group of fun amazing people. It was the 2nd monthly free Illuminate Workshops Night Photo shoot. We all met around 8:30pm at the Denver Skatepark. When I showed up it looked like Britany Spears was there. Photographers, tripods, and flashes going off, made the scene look and feel like the paparazzi were there. Bikers, Skaters and Rollerblades all stopped me and asked "what's going on?". After a brief explanation and a plug for the Efrain's school, it was back to shooting a meeting new people. Sheba from Picture Your World Photography was there and we had a good couple laughs.



We then traveled around did some overpass shots. I was frightened I was going to drop my camera gear off the bridge and prematurely end my photography career. Instead I dropped the battery cover to my shutter remote. After some panic and self discussion like "at least it wasn't the camera" I continued shooting until the big guy stopped by to check on me. Efrain (Illuminate Workshops head honcho)is a great man, and watched my camera and gear while I ran off the bridge, through the trees, past the sleeping bum and almost into traffic to find the battery cover. All the while Efrain standing overhead shining his flashlight around for me.



Once my wild rampage was over and everyone was gathered we continued on into the night shooting Denver's Millennium Bridge and all along the waterfront. It's absolutely amazing how time flies by when your making 30 sec to a 1 minute exposures.



If hanging out with a bunch of fun loving photographers in the dark, or you want some new friends, maybe a night out on the town, well sign up for Illuminate Workshops newsletter to get the 411 on the next event. I'll be posting the shots I took as soon as I get them out of photoshop.

No comments: