Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sheba's Monthly Photo Contest are due Sunday.

Here's my submission for this months contest. The subject is History, which at first I thought was going to be quite easy but as time moved on into the past I realized its not as easy as you'd think. It's such a broad topic that it was difficult to try and nail down what captured it.

Of course there is the basic idea of history of stautes, old cars and I did shoot the Colorado History Museum the other night when I was out on the night shoot with Efrain from Illuminate Workshops. I wanted to try and capture "time" in my foto for history because I think history is more then the past, it also incorporates "time" as well as what happened.

So here it is.... This huge Oak tree was struck by lightning many years ago. It has remained dead and hollowed out even though life has continued to grow up around it. I shot it at night with a Vivitar 285hv flash on both sides(triggered by PocketWizard radio slaves) it's a 30 sec exposure to get the night sky to light up.



For some reason this seems all pixelated. (click on the foto to be taken to the gallery to see the original) Vote for my foto on Sheba's blog

No comments: